- Welcome Team
Do you believe that first impressions can make a huge impact and that creating an accepting and inviting environment is a must? Great! So do we.
The Welcome Team influences every single guest before, during and following all services on Sunday morning by providing a friendly, engaging, yet comfortable environment for our guests and church family to encounter God.
- Communion/Offering Team: This team is responsible for passing communion and offering during Sunday services.
- Connector Team: The purpose of the Connector Team is to aid the Greeter Team in moving people to their appropriate next step of connecting with other opportunities to engage in at Northern Hills.
- Emergency Response Team: Medical and security professionals on-call to respond to on-campus emergencies.
- Greeter Team: The purpose of the Greeter Team is to prepare the hearts of people by welcoming everyone with a warm and appropriate greeting which includes a smile and a handshake.
- Guest Services Team: The purpose of the Guest Services Team is to help people connect to the various ministries at Northern Hills by answering questions and providing next step options for getting involved.
- Usher Team: The purpose of the Usher Team is to ensure a positive guest experience before, during and after the service by welcoming guests and helping them find a seat. The Usher Team also facilitates offering during services.
- Point Team Leader: Takes a leadership role on Sunday mornings. The people who serve as Point Team Leaders are personally asked to serve in this role after demonstrating a true servant attitude and commitment to God and to Northern Hills.
- Worship Arts
Get involved by taking ownership and caring for your church home.
- Custodial Team: Includes but is not limited to cleaning/restocking paper products in bathrooms, kitchen stocking/cleaning, trash removal, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
- Mowing Team: Mow and trim the church lawn on Friday or Saturday (usually takes less than two hours). All equipment is provided. Teams needed April through October.
- Landscaping Team: Help make our campus grounds beautiful and inviting. Join a team of people dedicated to creative gardening through planting new flowers, weeding, collecting seeds for new plants and general upkeep. Teams needed April through October.
- Next Generation - Newborn-Elementary
- Construction: Support the Next Generation Ministry through prop design, building spaces, and classroom maintenance.
- Curriculum Preparation: Prepare lessons, crafts, and games behind the scenes for our weekend service teachers and small group leaders.
- Encouragement: Celebrate children's birthdays, send encouragement to families/servants, and welcome new children.
- Hospitality: Use your gift of hospitality behind the scenes. These special gifts will be used to wipe down the classroom ensuring a safe and germ-free environment or washing laundry used during the week.
- LifeGroups (Lead or Assistant): Invest in the lives of children by leading and guiding them through Bible truth review, memory verses, snacks, games fellowship and friendships.
- Organization Team: Return weekend and extension group supplies to storage areas, restock classrooms, and verify supplies.
- Praise & Worship Team: "Raise the Roof" as you lead children to worship God through music, song and dance.
- Security: While greeting children and families, security servants keep our children safe by monitoring doors and assisting in emergencies.
- Teaching Team: Bring the Bible to life through drama, creative object lessons, skits, stories, games and gospel lessons.
- Zone Servant: Be the point person for a Sunday morning service. Zone Servants check classrooms making sure teachers are present, children are safe, and everyone has what they need.
- Next Generation - Students
- Gathering Leader (Sundays 10:45am): Participate in the Sunday morning gathering with students, play a part in group activities or stage games, connect and build relationships with Middle and High School students.
- Worship Leader (Sundays 10:45am): Partner with the Worship Team to lead musical worship for the Sunday morning gathering as we educate and engage students on their level.
- Middle School Group Leader (Wednesdays 6-8pm): Assist leadership with teaching and special activities during study group. Lead or co-lead student discussion focused on a Middle School level.
- High School Group Leader (Wednesdays 6-8pm): Assist leadership with teaching and special activities during study group. Lead or co-lead student discussion focused on a High School level.
- Event/Planning Team: Assist leadership with the planning and administration of off-site events for the entire student year! Events include missions, camps, retreats, and fun one day/night activities.
A LifeGroup is a small group of people committed to "doing life together" and growing in their relationship with Jesus.
- LifeGroup Leader: Lead a small group in-community by connecting members with God and each other through regular gathering times and by serving one another.
- LifeGroup Coach: Shepherd LifeGroup Leaders by guiding, nurturing, and strengthening them. Come alongside the Leaders to help them succeed in connecting members with God and each other.
- Care Teams
- Cold Weather Care (NH Homeless Ministry)
Mission: Cold Weather Care provides life-saving shelter and support to homeless individuals and families in Adams County.
Northern Hills is honored to serve as a lodging site between October and March for homeless individuals and families. NH provides overnight housing at the church, one week at a time, on a rotating basis with other lodging churches for approximately 15-20 people. This is a place where our homeless neighbors can come and spend the night in a warm room, eat a hot meal and be ministered to with love and dignity.
SERVE in the ministry: If you have a heart for serving the homeless, please contact Dawn Semmen at 720.685.1717 x226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Serving Opportunities
"The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.' "Matthew 25:40
- Evening Host Team (5-8pm): Ensure facility is ready to receive guests. Welcome guests, show them around, and share in the evening meal. Transition with Overnight Hosts. (dinner provided)
- Overnight Host Team (6:00pm-7am): Help guests feel welcome, warm and safe. Spend the night at NH. (dinner provided)
- Meal Team (5-8pm): Provide, prepare and serve a hot meal in the evening for approximately 30 people.
- Linens/Clean-Up Team (During the day): Ensure linens/towels are laundered daily and cots/toys disinfected daily.
- Guest Transportation Team: Transport guests to and from the church and day-shelter each morning and evening using the Cold Weather Care van. Morning and evening shifts available.
- Set-Up/Tear-Down Team (Sunday afternoon): Help with set-up and tear-down of cots, bedding and guest rooms. Sundays only.
- Outreach Opportunities
Outreach Opportunity: Community of Faith United
Description: Community of Faith United is a local mission providing services required to recover from hardships such as loss of job or injury on the job. This ministry helps struggling families or individuals with the basic survival needs and these efforts result in a healthier community through the use of volunteers. Mentoring, resume assistance, interview skills, computer skills, job search assistance and food pantry/clothing bank are examples of serving opportunities.
Contact: Linda Graham — 303.452.2727; email@example.com
Outreach Opportunity: Dan Moriarity Ministries/Home Church -- Evangelism Ministry
Description: This is an evangelism ministry reaching out to the lost in the Denver area by proclaiming the Good News of Christ. Meet Dan on the 16th Street Mall in Downtown Denver, at Bronco games, Rockies games, and CU Buffs games in Boulder. Anyone and everyone is welcome!!
Contact: Dan Moriarity -- 303.770.2006; firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach Opportunity: Family & Senior Homeless Initiative
Description: Make an eternal difference in the lives of a homeless family or senior citizen from Adams County. This initiative has life-changing opportunities to meet seven times over 4-6 months with a family or senior being placed into housing. Mentor and guide them toward independence with the love of Christ. You'll be part of a team of 4-6 people. 90 minute training and resources provided.
Contact: John Morarie -- 303.953.3935; email@example.com
Outreach Opportunity: Life Choices Pregnancy Center
Description: Life Choices is all about saving lives -- the mother's, the father's and the baby's. We help about 1,000 women each year by sharing the love of Christ through offering help and hope during and after pregnancies. We provide free pregnancy tests, counseling on a mother's options, as well as maternity clothes, baby clothes, diapers and other supplies. You can serve the women at Life Choices by praying for them, offering your time, and through financial support.
Contact: Kathy Buschman -- 720.685.3227; Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org
START HERE! Each of the ministry areas on this page offer serving opportunities; places you can try out serving without making a team commitment up front.